TRAXENS' Smart Container Solution consists of three main elements which are woven together to create a uniquely powerful solution.
- TRAXENS-BOX: a device which is permanently attached to a container to capture and transmit data on position and condition
- TRAXENS-NET: a purpose designed mesh radio network for an optimal performance/power consumption ratio for the unique container environment
- TRAXENS-HUB: a cloud based platform which gathers data from TRAXENS-BOXes before processing and delivering it to the right people at the right time.
Below you will find a list significant features of each element of the system, but many features of the complete solution are implemented across more than one element.
Technology alone does not delivery efficiency in the container Supply Chain. TRAXENS also brings a unique business model, working closely with our Shipping Line partners, to deliver value for all ecosystem stakeholders.
The TRAXENS-BOX S+ is a monitoring device which can be used on all container types:
The TRAXENS-BOX S+ is permanently attached to containers and collects data such as GPS position, temperature, impacts, movement, and vibration and transmits it in the most energy efficient way to TRAXENS-HUB, our data platform.
Additional data can be gathered through remote sensors wirelessly connected to the TRAXENS-BOX S+ through TRAXENS-NET. This allows parameters such as temperature, humidity and pressure to be traced in near real-time within the container cargo. Additional sensors are available from TRAXENS and from third parties who integrate TRAXENS-NET into their own sensors. If a sensor exists for the parameter that you want to track then it is possible to integrate it into the TRAXENS system.
For reefer containers an additional unit (TRAXENS-LINK) and cables are added to connect the TRAXENS-BOX S+ to the reefer controller. All data available from the reefer controller include from probes can be accessed on TRAXENS-HUB. Sending data to reefers to change parameters such as set-points is also possible but only via stringently controlled access rights coupled with well documented processes.
TRAXENS-BOX S+ is compatible with all major reefer container brands.
Having a single device for use will all container types allows TRAXENS to reap the cost and quality benefits of mass production.
TRAXENS created business partnerships with major shipping lines so that data on position and condition of cargo is available to shippers.
TRAXENS-NET is a purpose designed mesh radio network for an optimal performance/power consumption ratio for the unique container environment. Many of it's unique features are protected by international standards.
- energy sharing between containers in the same vicinity by automatically creating clusters with an elected head according to communication and battery capability
- extreme reach to the deepest level of the world's largest ships
- ad-hoc pairing of additional sensors to increase the types of physical parameters to be measured permanently or on a trip-by-trip basis
- optimal performance in metallic and humid environments
- optimal performance while conforming to local radio emission regulations
TRAXENS-NET is positioned to be a market standard and will be available under licence to actors in the Container Tracking & Monitoring market.
TRAXENS-HUB is the Big Data platform that gathers all the data from the TRAXENS-BOXes and delivers it to you in the most useful form.
- Integration to your ERP, TMS or other IT platforms though Web Services or EDI
- Web-based access for installation-free use.
- Standard and personalised dashboards and applications
- Direct messaging to all mobile phones for notifications and alerts for operations
- Delegation of access rights to allow your suppliers and customers to participate in your supply chain
- State-of-the-art, scalable architecture to manage millions of containers and thousands of users.